May 22, 2015:
On December 10, 2014, the FBI raided the Waltham, Massachusetts offices of Graduate Leverage, LLC (commonly known as GL Advisor) and arrested its president Daniel Thibeault. Mr. Thibeault was charged with securities fraud alleging that he had defrauded GL Advisor’s investors out of more than 16 million dollars. After the FBI raid, the business was shuttered and left behind were GL Advisor’s employees who are owed salary, wages, and other benefits such as earned time off and vacation pay.
The Law Offices of Joshua N. Garick, P.C. filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court in Boston, Massachusetts on behalf of these employees asserting claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Massachusetts Wage Act. Under the Wage Act, all employees are entitled to three times the amount of unpaid wages and other forms of earned compensation. A default has entered against GL Advisor and Mr. Thibeault in this lawsuit and the Court has set a hearing to determine how much money should be paid to members of the Class.
If you were a GL Advisor employee, your help is needed.
We need your assistance in determining how much money members of the Class are owed. Notice of the class action lawsuit and Claim Forms have been mailed to over 150 former GL Advisor employees. If you are a former GL Advisor employee we ask that you complete the Claim Form you received and mail it back to us. There is an August 1, 2015 deadline. When completing the Claim Form, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Please answer all questions on the Claim Form.
- Please make sure all contact information is accurate and up to date.
- Please provide a detailed explanation of amounts owed in the space provided and add additional sheets of paper if necessary.
- Please mail copies of all documents that support your claim such as old pay stubs, employment contracts, e-mail correspondence with GL Advisor payroll officers, printout of earned time off and other benefit accruals, etc.
- If you know of other employees who have not received a Claim Form, please have them CONTACT US for further assistance.
- Please make sure your Claim Form is received by August 1, 2015.
We will use the information provided on these Claim Forms and ask the Court to enter a judgment equal to three times the total of all amounts reported. Copies of some relevant documents in the case are replicated below:
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (617) 600-7520 or by e-mail at Joshua@GarickLaw.com.